Trend, technique, tradition
IN partnership with Musgrave marketplace
MakING THE BEST OF OUR BEST INGREDIENTS
with Chef Danni Barry
Which traditions, techniques, and trends can make the most of our seasonal Irish produce?
Join Chef Danni Barry of Clenaghans (county Down) for a masterclass that explores some of the best ingredients the island of Ireland has to offer and the traditions, trends and techniques that allow chefs to make the best of them.
This Masterclass is primarily aimed at professional chefs from Chef de Partie level upwards.
- Reducing Waste
- Dish costing & profitability
- Menu Design
- Sauce work
- Preserving & Smoking
- Wild Food
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN:
The aim of this course is to inspire mid-to-senior level chefs to
- make best use of local seasonal ingredients on their menu
- avoiding and reducing waste
- designing menus and dishes to make best use of whole ingredients and ingredients in season
- properly costing dishes and managing profitability
- using a variety of traditional and modern culinary techniques
- pairing ingredients in season together and preserving seasonal ingredients
This is a MASTERCLASS and therefore is demonstration-style but with limited numbers to allow for maximum interaction and questions.
The format of the masterclass will be to take a central ingredient and demonstrate how a variety of components and dishes can be produced and put on a menu, showcasing a range of techniques and skills.
Masterclass will run for 3 hours (with a short break in the middle), following by additional Q&A time and a networking event.
Masterclass: 2-5pm, followed by networking.
PLEASE ARRIVE BETWEEN 1.30-1.45pm to register. All attendees are required to fill out registration form and sign-in.
AVAILABLE TO MEMBERS ONLY.
NOT A MEMBER YET? SIGN-UP FREE
Hosted in partnership with
The 'Homegrown' masterclass will be hosted in Musgrave MarketPlace Duncrue.
You can learn more about Musgrave MarketPlace by visiting