DIGITAL & COMMUNITY MANAGER
This is a key role in Chef Network, which centres around our online community and digital platform, and extending its role in Chef training and networking events.
An exciting new position with a strong online focus, but also involving offline engagement and event management elements. This role is suited to someone with a passion for digital and content, but who also enjoys interaction and collaboration; and will be of particular interest to someone who loves all things culinary/food.
This role is all about engaging with chefs, creating and promoting content and events relevant to them, as well as engaging with other relevant stakeholders including chef employers, educators, suppliers and wider industry.
Ideally suited to a Digital/Comms person with experience/knowledge of the professional catering/hospitality/culinary/food sectors (and/or education & training for these sectors) or with a strong interest and drive to learn more.
The Digital & Community Manager for Chef Network will be responsible for
- moderating and enlivening the Chef Network online community by engaging directly with members, creating strong content and keeping the website and all platforms updated, with target of increasing traffic and engagement
- communications with members, sponsors and stakeholders across all platforms (community website, email, social media, as well as tel/face-to-face)
- ensuring effective marketing of all Chef Network Skillnet Training & Networking events to reach attendance targets
- growing membership/community through effective communications & marketing
- assisting in the organising and coordination of training and networking events, including communicating with trainers, members, companies, venues, educational institutes etc
- delivering on communications and marketing aspects of partnerships/sponsorships
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE (But not limited to):
- Create or Input into Digital Strategy (depending on experience)
- Digital/Social Media planning, social media calendar & execute Social media plan, Day-to-Day Social Media implementation/engagement
- Curate & create content, manage content calendar
- Moderate & Engage online community
- Update website, including listing events, refreshing content, set-up new communities etc.
- Email Marketing, including monthly ezine
- Analysing campaigns and digital results, creating clear and effective reports/presentations
- Event Management support
- Attendance at meetings and events as required.
- Relationship/Stakeholder management with members, client, sponsors, community
- Some General Administrative duties may be required and other duties as may arise.
- Qualification in Digital Marketing/Communications
- 2 years’ experience in a relevant digital marketing/communications/community management role
- Good writing, communication and interpersonal skills and a can-do attitude
Desired Experience & Person Specification
- Ability to input into and deliver on a Digital & Social Media strategy in an organised and cohesive fashion
- Experience of Digital Marketing planning: creating content calendars, social media calendars etc
- Experience of Social Media scheduling
- Email marketing experience – creating & curating content & presenting effectively
- Basic knowledge of web design or interest in learning more
- Basic graphic design experience or experience using graphic design tools
- Basic knowledge of image & video editing or experience using video editing tools
- Knowledge of digital analytics/metrics & ability to report on & respond to effectiveness of actions & campaigns
- Ability to engage online & offline with community, sponsors etc and develop effective relationships
- Excellent organisational, administrative & computer skills.
- Creativity & imagination in curating & developing engaging content
- Have a strong interest & drive to explore and test tools like automation, gamification etc as strategies for increasing online community engagement
- Strong interest, knowledge or experience of food/restaurant/culinary sectors
- A motivated, driven & dependable individual with ability to work on own initiative and input creatively, but also to deliver on a work plan and report effectively, meet deadlines and be flexible in their work.
An ability and willingness to learning quickly, upskill and deliver on objectives is key
Reporting directly to egg&chicken Agency Director Ruth Hegarty and supporting her role as Head of Community for Chef Network.
This is a full-time position (normal office hours), based on Galway. Some travel will be required and some work outside office hours or on weekends may be required on occasion.
Initial contract is for 1 year, with a probationary period, but longer contract is likely for the right candidate, subject to continued funding. This position is available with immediate start.
SALARY FOR THIS POSITION IS IN THE REGION OF €25-27k per annum
CLOSING DATE FOR APPLICATIONS: FRIDAY 2 FEBRUARY
Feel free to email with any questions or clarifications in advance of this date.
Apply by sending your CV and cover note outlining your suitability for this role by email to
Feel free to email with any questions or clarifications.
All enquiries and applications will be treated with the strictest confidence.
egg&chicken food projects & consulting.
A small agency dedicated to offering tailored project management, consulting, training & facilitation to the food, farming & tourism sectors, we work on projects ranging from food policy and food education to business development.
egg&chicken is honoured on to manage CHEF NETWORK, a highly innovative and exciting professional network for chefs in Ireland, launched in February 2016 and now with almost 3,000 chef members. Chef Network is focussed on an online community site where chefs can connect and collaborate, and arranges networking and training events for chefs. Chef Network has recently received Skillnets funding to support its professional development training activity through the establishment of the Chef Network Skillnet.
We are now recruiting for a position dedicated to this project.