If you are a Proprietor or Exec/Head Chef/Manager - or you can talk to yours about this - we need your support for our training plan.
Chef Network has already started delivering educational events for chefs, but WE WANT TO DO MUCH MORE.
Next year, we plan to roll out regular training events all across the country that will focus on 3 key areas:
LEADERSHIP, MENTORING & PEOPLE MANAGEMENT
- up-skiling senior chefs and training the future head chefs, focussing on people management, team building, training the trainers, leadership and mentoring skills etc, as well as promoting Workplace wellness and cultural change
BUSINESS SKILLS FOR CHEFS
- menu planning, cost management, and waste reduction, kitchen design, restaurant operations and digital marketing; helping chefs to manage kitchens and own their own business.
- focussed skills gaps and skills updating in areas such as Pastry, Fish & Meat skills, and practical education on new techniques and current trends; things like Sourdough Bread, Preserving techniques, sous vide cooking, seasonal vegetable & herbs (growing & cooking), plating techniques etc.
Our training will be innovative and
tailored to chefs and to the needs of the industry
will prioritise career progression and continued professional development, not entry level training
focus on training current and future senior & management chefs who can in turn provide better education and training to their staff.
delivered in ways that suit industry (eg. 1 day courses)
include peer education and networking elements.
We are applying for funding to support the delivery of this training for the industry - THIS IS WHERE YOU COME IN!
While we have 2800+ chefs signed up to Chef Network, the support for the funding application needs to come from companies, rather than individual chefs. It doesn't matter what size the company is, even if you are a 1 chef catering company, a restaurant with 3 chefs, or a business with hundreds of employees, you can be help make this happen and be part of it.
If we are successful in getting the funding, we will be able to deliver subsidised training to chefs who are part of our network (we may need to look at membership fees for being part of the training network, but they will be modest).
WHAT WE NEED FROM YOU is a LETTER OF SUPPORT confirming your interest in being part of the training network and sending your staff (or yourself!) on training.
If you are a proprietor or senior manager (Exec Chef/Head Chef) and you support our plans and are interested in the opportunity for you and your team to take part in this training, please send us a LETTER OF COMMITMENT either by:
1. COPYING the text below into the body of an email, completing the details requested and emailing to email@example.com
2. Putting the text on a letter, adding your logo or putting on headed paper,and sending as an attachment to firstname.lastname@example.org
Add/amend wording to the letter if you wish to express your support,
PLEASE RETURN THE LETTER BY THIS FRIDAY, 17th of NOVEMBER
If you are not authorised to send this yourself, we would greatly appreciate you bringing this to the attention of the right person within your business.
And feel free to send us any questions you may have.
Looking forward to hearing from you.
TO: CHEF NETWORK c/o IFSA
4, Block A, Broomfield Business Park,
Letter of commitment
I wish to confirm that it is our intention to be a part of the CHEF NETWORK Skillnet and commit the necessary financial resources towards membership of the network and training participation. I also commit to release the relevant staff of our organisation to participate in the training programmes organised by the network.
Position in Company:
No. of Chefs Employed:
Head of Community