The Chef Network Stage Listing promotes collaboration and openness in the industry, supporting learning, development and career progression at all levels. Before culinary training colleges were common, stages were a vital part of how chefs trained. We believe it is still as important as ever today for chefs to be exposed as much as possible to what is happening in different kitchens, to experience not only their culinary expertise but also their management, business model and their kitchen culture.
Why be a Stage host kitchen?
Offering other chefs at all levels the opportunity to experience your kitchen is an important statement about your openness and your willingness to contribute to learning and development in the industry, but also has many benefits for you and your team.
- Showcase your kitchen and what you do
- Promote a positive kitchen culture – encouraging your team to welcome others in and share their skills
- New people bring new ideas – your team can also learn from the stagiaire.
- Help industry staff retention – we don’t want to lose any chefs from the industry. The opportunity to experience a variety of kitchens gives chefs a greater chance to find the right place for them.
- Give back – you have no doubt benefited from positive mentoring and experience in your time, now pay it forward!
- Maybe they will stay – offering stages increases the potential to meet future members of your team.